Please register prior to downloading the Ecosystem 1.20 SW.
(30-day evaluation period)
Ecosystem 1.20 소프트웨어를 설치하기 전에 등록해주세요.
1. The Ecosystem can guide students through the design process, in a structured fashion, support the learning of proper design techniques, and help eliminate design oversights (productivity interruptions)
- Provides friendly, real-time advisories (also aimed at stimulating creativity).
- Supports the generic ABET learning outcomes for engineering design.
2. Automatic & objective assessment (scoring) of the design activities relative to the design process
- Real-time feedback provided to the designers.
- The students and instructor can avoid spending time on elementary oversights, and instead focus on higher-level learning and problem solving.
- Despite the automation, the Ecosystem does in no way diminish the engineering judgement developed throughout the learning experience.
- The Ecosystem offers a systematic way of capturing the rationale supporting engineering decisions throughout the design process.
3. Multiple features aimed at facilitating communications within design teams or with external stakeholders
- Seamless access to design files stored on Google Drive.
- Support for team communications utilizing Dropbox.
- Automatic generation of formatted project reports.
4. For student teams, the Ecosystem can greatly facilitate project and part management
- The Ecosystem provides the student teams with tabs for risk identification, scheduling & resource planning, bill of material, parts & assembly, manufacturing options, cost analysis, etc.
- Seamless interfaces with development tools, such as SolidWorks, CATIA and the e-Drawings Viewer.
5. Electronic journal of the comprehensive design history
6. The nicely formatted, auto-generated .html files can be opened up in MS Word, and saved as .docx files, retaining the nice formatting
- Once information has been entered into the Ecosystem, students can turn in nicely formatted reports with minimal effort.
7. 3-month free evaluation period for participants in our Beta program
8. Support for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Machintosh
Primary, New Additions in the Ecosystem 1.20 SW
1. Much optimized mechanism for importing SolidWorks assemblies.
2. Ability to launch an e-design notebook file, by double- or right-clicking on it in the Windows Explorer and selecting the Ecosystem application.
Primary, New Additions in the Ecosystem 1.19 SW
1. Much improved support for planning of manufacturing steps, both in-house manufacturing and outsourcing.
2. Separate Korean version of the Ecosystem user interface and report generation.
Primary, New Additions in the Ecosystem 1.18 SW
1. Overwrite prevention.
2. Improved portability of imported files (mechanism to specify local root directory to shared repository).
3. Figure with sample questions for each requirement category added to the Customer Interview tab.
4. Improved report generation (improved viewing of .html in MS Word for viewing modes other than Web Layout).
Primary, New Additions in the Ecosystem 1.17 SW
1. Assessment against the full suite of ABET Learning Outcomes (1 – 7).
2. New start-up page (with further streamlined guiding instructions).
3. Spell checking.
4. Interface with MS Project.
Primary, New Additions in the Ecosystem 1.16 SW
1. New examples addressing electrical and civil design.
2. Specification of projects by project type added to start-up menu.
3. Improvements in the formatted project reports exported, esp. w.r.t. portability.
4. Much enhanced formatting capabilities in the text editors.
5. Ability to add or edit title for images imported into the Design Description tab.
Imagars is committed to further enhancements of the Ecosystem software. We are willing to consider a variety of avenues, for this purpose. If you have recommendations for a future enhancement, you are welcome to contact us at